The cruise control diet may not be so famous yet, but with the testimonies, yo-yo dieters who have tried it are sharing, there’s nothing stopping you from trying is.
If you have no idea what the cruise control diet is, here is a brief overview. This diet was created by James Ward, a man who claimed to have been a yo-yo dieter (losses weight when on a diet, and bulks up when he stops).
James needed to lose weight and maintain a healthy shape and thought the only way to achieve that would be to create a sustainable feeding plan that will allow him to eat healthily and lose weight.
The cruise control diet is nothing like the traditional weight-loss diets you are used to, and if you’ll like to know about what exactly this diet is, how and why it works, precautions and other valuable information click here to read our article on all you need to know.
In this article, we will be sharing with you, some delicious cruise control diet recipes that are easy to make and also filling. Without wasting more time, let’s get to business.
Table of Contents
- Vegetarian avocado toast
- Vegan Tofu Salad (Lunch)
- Dinner – Rice Noodles And Shrimp
Vegetarian avocado toast
- 2 large-sized avocado
- 4 large-sized red tomatoes
- 8 slices of brown bread
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Juice of one full lime
- 1 cup of homemade ricotta cheese
How To Prepare?
- Cut the avocados open and scoop out the creamy flesh. Nicely mash the avocado flesh with the back of a fork or blend once in a blender.
- Add pepper, salt and lime juice to the avocado. Mix well.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mashed avocado mix and nicely spread it on top of a single slice of brown bread.
You can top it with cucumber cubes, tomato slices, some cabbage and ricotta cheese. And that is a tasty breakfast!
Vegan Tofu Salad (Lunch)
- 6 oz of homemade tofu, cubed
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped into thick slices
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 ½ cups of chopped lettuce
- 1 cup of cucumber slices
- A handful of chopped cilantro
- A pinch of salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of white sesame seed
How To Prepare?
- Add salt and allspice to the cubed tofu.
- Heat the saucepan, add your olive oil, and let the tofu cook for about 3 minutes.
- Pour all the vegetables in a big bowl.
- Add your black pepper, salt and lime juice to the bowl of vegetables.
- Add your cooked tofu, pour in some sesame seeds, stir gently and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Dinner – Rice Noodles And Shrimp
- 2 cups of rice noodles
- 1 oz of cleaned shrimps
- ⅓ cup of sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup of chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons full of vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, neatly minced
- 1 cup of chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon full of chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons full of soy sauce
- 1 inch of ginger, sliced thin
- a pinch of salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ a lime
How To Prepare?
- Pour two cups of water in a pan and bring to a boil before you add your rice noodles.
- Switch off the burner and cover your pot, allowing the rice noodles to cook properly in the hot water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Discard the water and add a little oil to the noodles so that they do not stick to each other.
- Heat a saucepan and pour in some olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger to the oil. Cook the garlic and ginger on high flame for 10 seconds.
- Toss in the white part of the scallions and your sliced bell pepper. Stir-fry the vegetables for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the already cleaned shrimps and cook for only 2 minutes.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, and vinegar. Stir properly and take the pan off the flame.
- Mix the shrimps and rice noodles together.
- Sprinkle the green part of your chopped scallions, and serve your dinner.
We hope you found this helpful, and we look forward to receiving your comments. Please tell us what your thoughts are in the comments section provided below.